Think of ADHD Coaching like a partnership to help encourage and guide you as you learn how ADHD affects your life. Coaching helps to create goals and identify obstacles in goal achievement. ADHD Coaching helps with difficulties you may be experiencing with time management, organization, memory, completing tasks, beginning tasks or maintaining focus.
Coaching is a holistic approach in the treatment of ADHD challenges. It supports you as a complete person vs. a focus only on the difficulties you may be having.
Your ADHD coach will help you –
- Learn what motivates you
- Create work plans to begin, work through and complete a task
- Identify internal and external distractions
- Encourage personal accountability
- Prioritize, organize and create the structure
- Improve relationships with others
- Turn mistakes into motivation for change
ADHD Coaching is different from psychotherapy or counseling. ADHD Coaching does not focus on past experiences or how past actions, behaviors or experiences affect the present. ADHD Coaching focuses on the present and moving forward. ADHD Coaches often offer direct advice, provide suggestions, and helping their clients become more successful on their own terms.
The main ingredients of our process are:
- establishing accountability
- setting structure
- creating strategies
- building strengths
- providing support for your decision and commitments
ADHD Coaching minimizes the challenges of ADHD and promotes personal growth.
Coaching will help you understand the uniqueness of the ADHD brain. Embrace personal accountability and learn new techniques, tools and sustainable strategies to achieve your potential.
JST Coaching is the premier national provider of ADHD Coaches. Avant-Garde Counseling and Coaching Center Coaches are certified JST Coaches. This model is used by the Edge Foundation for coaching ADHD children, adolescents, and young adults.
How Do I Find The Right ADHD Coach For Me?
Above all else, when looking for an ADHD Coach for yourself or someone you love, you’ll want to find someone that you get along with., You’ll be in a long-term working relationship with this person. While it is a professional connection, you’ll want to make sure your coach is someone that you feel comfortable working with.
Ready upon them. Check their background and reference is available.
- What makes them qualified to coach?
- Where did they get their training?
- How long have they been coaching?
Almost everyone has a website now or is reviewed in a professional journal or accrediting organization. Take full advantage of this, looking for the best coach fit for you.
Certification is essential and any coach you consider should have one. Many people use “coach” as a title but have no training or educational background in coaching. Ideally, any coach you consider should have the Board Certified Coach (BCC) credential and the International Coach Federation (ICF) credential. This designation means a coach has:
- Met professional coaching competency standards set by the Center for Credentialing and Education
- Passed a coaching-specific examination
- Professional experience in the field of coaching
- Professional peer references
- Ethical standards they are held accountable for
- Legal obligations for continuing education
Interview potential ADHD coaches. Ask questions to get a feel for them and what future work with them will look like. Bring your own set of questions to your initial meeting:
- What are you looking for?
- What are you hoping to gain from coaching?
- What is the coach looking for in a client?
- How can the coach help?
A good coach will encourage you to spend time looking for the right fit.
WHAT CAN ADHD COACHING DO FOR ME?
ADHD Coaching has proven to be effective in helping individuals reach their goals. Our certified ADHD Coaches work with you to:
- Identify your specific pattern of strengths and weaknesses
- Develop measurable, realistic and attainable goals
- Identify and problem solve obstacles to goal achievement
- Cope with feelings of shame, guilt, failure, and stress sometimes associated with ADHD
- Talk with your family and loved ones
- Improve your quality of life
Coaching is a commitment between the client and the coach for a minimum of three months. There will be regularly scheduled appointments online or face to face. Each session is 30 – 45 minutes in length, usually once a week. Individuals are responsible for regular check-ins with their coach.
If you’re ready to take action. Be accountable. Enter into a partnership. Have a strong desire to make a change in your life, contact us.
Are you ready to be coached?
- I am open to new ideas and possibilities for my personal life and/or business.
- I value outside perspectives for myself.
- I am not looking for a silver bullet or someone to come in and “fix me”.
- I want to make changes for the better. I commit myself to do what it takes.
- I’m ready to make changes.
- I want to more clearly understand myself.
- I own the results I’m getting from all aspects of my life.
- I know what I want better in my life.
- I am willing to change my behavior to get better results.
- I am comfortable working as a partner with my coach. The coach is not a therapist or consultant and is not the boss in this relationship. I am in the driver’s seat. The coach helps me navigate through my challenges.
If you answered yes to any of these questions, call us and let’s get started. It’s time to live your life beyond limitation.